So you are signed up and ready to take on this beast – awesome! We just need you to check in before we get you rolling out on course. Please see below for all of your event day reminders, and a rough idea of our schedule for the day. We look forward to seeing you all and watching you finish this ride!
Note: All riders may check in Friday pm or Saturday am.
Online Registration Deadline: Thursday May 4th 11:59PM
ONLINE REGISTRATION REQUIRED for this event!
Please note that the Chino Grinder has moved to a new venue this year:
Community Center Park
1527 N Road 1 East
Chino Valley, AZ 86323
FRIDAY MAY 5, 2017– CHECK IN
6:00pm – Check in at Community Center Park
8:00pm – Check in CLOSED
SATURDAY MAY 6, 2017 – EVENT DAY
6:00am – Check in opens at Community Center Park
7:00am – Check in will close!
7:15am – 108 Mile/54 Mile/Relay riders to the line for instructions
7:30am – 108 Mile/54 Mile/Relay riders START (all riders)
7:50am – 44 Mile riders to the line for instructions
8:00am – 44 Mile START (all riders)
11:00am – Beer garden is opened – First beer on us!
$3 thereafter, proceeds to benefit local non-profit the Chino Valley Rotary Club
~12:00pm – 44 Mile Awards
~4:00pm – 108 Mile, 54 Mile, Team Competition and Relay Awards
– Awards will be done onsite day of the event.
– Awards will be 3 deep per category/distance.
– highest placing Arizona resident of each 108 mile category receives a State Champion t-shirt
to honor this also being State Championship Saturday for the State of Arizona.
Be prepared for the weather!
Bring plenty of water.
Bring ID to check in (parental guardian signature needed for those under 18).
Bring tools to repair your steed as necessary, you should be self sufficient.
Wear sunscreen (your mom told us to remind you).
Follow traffic laws.
Be polite. Be safe.
Thank a volunteer.
Like our Sponsors!
- Support crews are not allowed on the course.
- No follow vehicles are allowed on the course. Having to dodge cars compromises this experience for our participants. If a support crew or follow vehicle is found to be on course (except for the access road to Elk Ridge Ski), that rider will be immediately disqualified from the event.